Teenager found guilty of racially aggravated assault and abuse
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A teenager has been found guilty of racially aggravated assault and abuse following an incident in Hatfield last year.
The 15-year-old, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was found guilty at North and East Hertfordshire Youth Court at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.
The defendant had pleaded not guilty when he appeared at hearing that took place in August this year.
On March 7, 2020, the teenager racially abused a man before assaulting a second victim, also a male, with the court finding this to be racially aggravated.
The defendant was present as district judge Margaret Dodd found him guilty and remanded him on unconditional bail to allow pre-sentencing reports to be prepared.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on November 11 for sentencing.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement