Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A man is believed to have murdered his partner before jumping off a shopping centre roof, the WHT can reveal.
Police have confirmed they are investigating a suspected murder and suspected suicide following last Friday's linked incidents.
Officers were first alerted to the horrific series of events following reports that a man had been found unresponsive near the Howard Centre in Welwyn Garden City at just before 12.30pm on September 17.
Although officers attended the scene the man was subsequently pronounced deceased.
Later that afternoon, at around 5.30pm, police received a report that a woman had been found deceased inside a property in Sweet Briar in the town.
You may also want to watch:
It was subsequently confirmed that both of the deceased people were known to one another and an investigation was launched by the Beds, Cambs and Herts Major Crime Unit to establish the circumstances of their deaths.
A spokesperson told the WHT: "The man’s death is now being treated as a suspected suicide and the woman’s death is being treated as a suspected murder.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
"Police believe both the deaths to be linked and are not seeking anyone else in connection with them."