Nine Insulate Britain protestors arrested after disruption on M25
- Credit: David Smith
Several arrests have been made in connection with a protest on the M25 earlier today.
Police were called at 10.26am to reports of Insulate Britian protestors near junction 21A (Bricket Wood) of the M25. By 10.49am, nine people were arrested and taken to custody.
Superintendent Sue Jameson said: “Officers were on the scene within minutes, making swift arrests in order to ensure the safety of all road users.
"We would like to thank affected motorists for their patience whilst officers dealt with the situation.
“These protestors have made it clear that they intend to continue causing disruption nationally. We have robust plans in place in order to minimise any disruption and to allow us to make arrests as quickly as we can.
“Please be assured that a full investigation is underway, and we are working as quickly as possible alongside the CPS and other affected forces to build up the required evidence in each case.”
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus