Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A man is in hospital with a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain after an assault at a pub in Lemsford, near Welwyn Garden City.
The incident occurred outside The Sun Inn at around 8pm on Sunday, April 18.
It is believed a fight had occurred between two groups of people, during which a man was knocked unconscious, fracturing his skull and causing a bleed on his brain. He remains in hospital at this time.
A second man suffered a dislocated shoulder during the incident.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and has been released on bail, pending further enquiries.
Herts police are investigating the assault, with detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, saying: “Our investigations into the incident are continuing.
“The pub was busy at the time and we are appealing for anyone who saw what happened and hasn’t yet spoken to police, to please get in touch.”
- 1 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 7 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
If you have any information, contact DS Webb by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.