Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A man is in hospital with a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain after an assault at a pub in Lemsford, near Welwyn Garden City.
The incident occurred outside The Sun Inn at around 8pm on Sunday, April 18.
It is believed a fight had occurred between two groups of people, during which a man was knocked unconscious, fracturing his skull and causing a bleed on his brain. He remains in hospital at this time.
A second man suffered a dislocated shoulder during the incident.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and has been released on bail, pending further enquiries.
Herts police are investigating the assault, with detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, saying: “Our investigations into the incident are continuing.
“The pub was busy at the time and we are appealing for anyone who saw what happened and hasn’t yet spoken to police, to please get in touch.”
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
If you have any information, contact DS Webb by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.