Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A man is in hospital with a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain after an assault at a pub in Lemsford, near Welwyn Garden City.
The incident occurred outside The Sun Inn at around 8pm on Sunday, April 18.
It is believed a fight had occurred between two groups of people, during which a man was knocked unconscious, fracturing his skull and causing a bleed on his brain. He remains in hospital at this time.
A second man suffered a dislocated shoulder during the incident.
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the investigation and has been released on bail, pending further enquiries.
Herts police are investigating the assault, with detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, saying: “Our investigations into the incident are continuing.
“The pub was busy at the time and we are appealing for anyone who saw what happened and hasn’t yet spoken to police, to please get in touch.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
If you have any information, contact DS Webb by emailing email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.