'Be vigilant’ say police following catalytic converter thefts
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Following catalytic converters being stolen from vehicles across Hertsmere, Herts police are urging people to be vigilant and report suspicious activity.
Since the beginning of the month, 22 catalytic converters have been stolen from eight vehicles across Borehamwood, eight from Bushey, four from Potters Bar, one from Elstree and one from Radlett.
The vehicles targeted include Lexus models and Toyotas, specifically the Prius and Auris hybrid models and a Honda Accord.
Catalytic converters contain precious metals and are attractive to thieves due to their high metal value.
Offences typically occur during the night but some happen in broad daylight.
You may also want to watch:
Hertsmere safer neighbourhood inspector Rachael Robertson said: “This is a continued focus for us in Hertsmere and we have been working to tackle this through increased patrols, particularly in hot spot areas. We are also contacting owners of the high-risk vehicles in the areas most affected to offer crime prevention advice."
A number of garages across the county are offering a free catalytic converter security marking service, for more visit here.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One