Burglars steal jewellery and cash after threatening residents
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
Burglars broke into a home in Potters Bar and threatened the occupants before stealing jewellery and cash.
Three men forced the back door of a residential property on Oakmere Avenue at around 8pm on Tuesday.
The burglars, described as three white men with their faces covered, then fled in the direction of Fields Court. Nobody was injured during the incident.
Detective Stuart Keene, who is investigating, said: “This was an upsetting incident for the victims and we are doing all we can to investigate this.
“If you were in the Oakmere Avenue area around 8pm on Tuesday and saw anything suspicious please get in contact. Also, if you live nearby and have CCTV please check it for anything that appears out of the ordinary.
“If you are able to help I can be contacted directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/13602/21.
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield