Burglars steal jewellery and cash after threatening residents
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
Burglars broke into a home in Potters Bar and threatened the occupants before stealing jewellery and cash.
Three men forced the back door of a residential property on Oakmere Avenue at around 8pm on Tuesday.
The burglars, described as three white men with their faces covered, then fled in the direction of Fields Court. Nobody was injured during the incident.
Detective Stuart Keene, who is investigating, said: “This was an upsetting incident for the victims and we are doing all we can to investigate this.
“If you were in the Oakmere Avenue area around 8pm on Tuesday and saw anything suspicious please get in contact. Also, if you live nearby and have CCTV please check it for anything that appears out of the ordinary.
“If you are able to help I can be contacted directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org."
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/13602/21.
Alternatively, you can stay 100 per cent anonymous by contacting the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas