Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s is in a stable condition after being stabbed in Hatfield on Thursday night.
At around 7.45pm in the Wellfield Road area, he was assaulted by four men and suffered several stab wounds to his legs. He was taken to hospital where he remains at this time.
Detective inspector Baz Kaila said: “Residents will have noticed a significant police presence in the area following the incident last night and enquiries are continuing today.
“We are appealing for anyone with information to please make contact.
“Were in you the area around the time of the incident and witnessed something out of the ordinary or do you have information about what happened?
“If your vehicle was parked in the area and you have a dash cam fitted, please check your footage to see if you captured anything that may help us.
“If you have a doorbell camera fitted and have not yet spoken to police, please check your footage and contact me if you feel you have anything of interest.”
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 3 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 4 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 7 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 8 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
- 9 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 10 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
You can report any information at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/92649/21.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.