Jailed police officer fired over sex with girl
- Credit: Herts police
A jailed Hatfield police officer was dismissed from the Herts police in a misconduct trial this week.
Police Sergeant Michael Grigg, who was found guilty in December of two counts of penetrative sexual activity with a child, was found guilty of gross misconduct, dismissed without notice and added to the barred list on Monday, March 15.
Between August 17, 2008 and August 17, 2010, while employed by Herts police as a police officer and as a cadet leader, PS Grigg committed sexual acts on a female cadet aged under 16.
His victim had been in a police cadet programme while PS Grigg was a cadet leader.
On December 11 2020, following a full Crown Court trial, PS Grigg was convicted of two counts of penetrative sexual activity and on December 15 he was sentenced to six-and-a-half-years imprisonment.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for life.
Herts police have been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign