Jailed police officer fired over sex with girl
- Credit: Herts police
A jailed Hatfield police officer was dismissed from the Herts police in a misconduct trial this week.
Police Sergeant Michael Grigg, who was found guilty in December of two counts of penetrative sexual activity with a child, was found guilty of gross misconduct, dismissed without notice and added to the barred list on Monday, March 15.
Between August 17, 2008 and August 17, 2010, while employed by Herts police as a police officer and as a cadet leader, PS Grigg committed sexual acts on a female cadet aged under 16.
His victim had been in a police cadet programme while PS Grigg was a cadet leader.
On December 11 2020, following a full Crown Court trial, PS Grigg was convicted of two counts of penetrative sexual activity and on December 15 he was sentenced to six-and-a-half-years imprisonment.
You may also want to watch:
He was also given a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for life.
Herts police have been contacted for a comment.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 3 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Grant Shapps meets travel agency who said industry has been 'messed about' by his rules
- 8 Vehicles moving at 4am at proposed waste site would lead to more noise complaints, say Lib Dems
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire