Three drink 'spikings' reported at Hatfield pubs
- Credit: PA
Three reported drink spikings have taken place in Hatfield.
The incidents occurred yesterday (Saturday, June 4), when three individuals reported feeling unwell after drinking in pubs in the town.
Hertfordshire Police are now investigating the incidents.
Hertfordshire Police's detective chief inspector, Sophia Adams, said: "Although confirmed drink spiking cases are still rare, we want everyone to stay safe and every report of spiking is fully investigated.
“We work with health services to identify any noxious substances used and victims of sexual offences receive support from specialist officers who deal with these crimes.
“Anyone who believes they may have been spiked should contact police or health services as soon as possible.
"If anybody is concerned about their drink being tampered with, they should also immediately inform bar staff who will assist.”
Information can be reported online or by calling non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 8 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 9 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
Anonymous information can be reported by contacting the Crimestoppers charity, on 0800 555 111.