Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- Credit: Harry Rutter/ArchantÂ
A re-appeal for information has been launched following a collision in Hatfield that saw a driver arrested and a pedestrian left with serious injuries.
The incident happened at the pelican crossing in Cavendish Way near the Galleria shortly before 1pm on Saturday, May 22.
A pedestrian and a black Toyota Prius were involved, with the pedestrian, a woman, sustaining serious injuries which have left her in hospital.
A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He has been released on bail while enquiries continue.
Detective Constable Paul Saunders, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident or has dash cam footage of it, who has not already contacted the police, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“If you were driving in the area around the time of the incident and you have a dash cam fitted, please check it and let us know if you spot anything that might help our enquiries.
“You can get in touch by calling the non-emergency number 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 41/38257/21.”
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed