Man reportedly 'flashed' 12-year-old girl on Hatfield street
- Credit: Google Earth
A man in his 30s is thought to have 'flashed' a 12-year-old girl in Hatfield.
The man reportedly pulled up next to the child at around 4.30pm on Wednesday, April 6, at the junction between Woods Avenue and Briars Lane.
Hertfordshire Police said the man was driving a grey vehicle, and is described as being white, aged between 30 and 40, and was wearing a grey hoodie and black jeans.
PC Sam Grint, of Hertfordshire Police, is investigating a case of indecent exposure.
He said: "Understandably, the girl was very shocked by what happened but was able to provide a brief description of the man."
He added: "I appreciate incidents of this nature cause great concern among the local community and we’re doing all we can to trace the person involved.
"At this time, we are not aware of any similar incidents occurring in the area recently."
- 1 Where can you see classic steam train Duchess of Sutherland this Friday?
- 2 Developers pushing ahead with approved plans for homes on school land
- 3 Family home on Welwyn Garden City's West Side on sale for £1m
- 4 Wheat Quarter hits back at 'misleading' community investment and housing claims
- 5 Refuse workers stage walkout leading to missed bin collections
- 6 Cuffley green belt land approved for new homes sold to housing developer
- 7 Top award for hero cop who saved Welwyn woman's life
- 8 Welwyn Garden City Vintage Festival coming this summer
- 9 ‘Like nothing I have ever seen before’ - 5 unexplained UFO sightings
- 10 Remembering the original 1930s Comet hotel in Hatfield
After allegedly indecently exposing himself, the man drove off in the direction of Cedar Road.
Police officers are appealing for information, and dash-cam footage of a "smallish grey vehicle" in the area on April 6.