Crimewatch appeal brings new leads in armed robbery probe
A TOTAL of 27 calls were made to police last night after Crimewatch reconstructed the night an Essendon woman was dragged around her home and severely beaten by masked burglars.
Lorraine Mitchell was tied up with wire and smashed in the face with a brick and a claw hammer, with her 11-year-old daughter, Megan and a friend, just yards away.
The seven balaclava-clad raiders stormed the back door of Mrs Mitchell’s Bedwell Avenue gated community home at around 11.20pm on Friday, July 23, 2010.
Last night BBC One’s Crimewatch recreated the horrific incident as one of the main features on their 9pm show.
The film led to 27 members of the public calling police with information.
You may also want to watch:
A force spokeswoman said: “We are looking to see if there are any leads <from the calls>.”
If you have any further information call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022