Get your bike marked in Hatfield this weekend to help prevent theft
- Credit: Archant
Bicycle marking will be offered in Hatfield town centre this weekend.
Officers from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team will be in Market Place, Town Centre, on Saturday, from noon to 3pm, marking pedal bikes and giving crime prevention advice.
They will be on hand to explain how to register bikes on Immobilise and how to sign up to Online Watch Link (OWL).
OWL is part of the Neighbourhood Watch scheme and keeps local people up to date with recent crimes, as well as offering advice on how to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime.
PCSO Sarah Kinney, from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “This is a great opportunity to meet with local residents, share some crime prevention advice and mark up bicycles so that they’re less attractive to thieves.
You may also want to watch:
“Please remember not to cycle on pavements or in pedestrian zones.”
To find out more about OWL, including how to sign up, visit www.owl.co.uk/herts.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street