Get your bike marked in Hatfield this weekend to help prevent theft
- Credit: Archant
Bicycle marking will be offered in Hatfield town centre this weekend.
Officers from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team will be in Market Place, Town Centre, on Saturday, from noon to 3pm, marking pedal bikes and giving crime prevention advice.
They will be on hand to explain how to register bikes on Immobilise and how to sign up to Online Watch Link (OWL).
OWL is part of the Neighbourhood Watch scheme and keeps local people up to date with recent crimes, as well as offering advice on how to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime.
PCSO Sarah Kinney, from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “This is a great opportunity to meet with local residents, share some crime prevention advice and mark up bicycles so that they’re less attractive to thieves.
You may also want to watch:
“Please remember not to cycle on pavements or in pedestrian zones.”
To find out more about OWL, including how to sign up, visit www.owl.co.uk/herts.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings