Get your bike marked in Hatfield this weekend to help prevent theft
- Credit: Archant
Bicycle marking will be offered in Hatfield town centre this weekend.
Officers from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team will be in Market Place, Town Centre, on Saturday, from noon to 3pm, marking pedal bikes and giving crime prevention advice.
They will be on hand to explain how to register bikes on Immobilise and how to sign up to Online Watch Link (OWL).
OWL is part of the Neighbourhood Watch scheme and keeps local people up to date with recent crimes, as well as offering advice on how to reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime.
PCSO Sarah Kinney, from Hatfield’s Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “This is a great opportunity to meet with local residents, share some crime prevention advice and mark up bicycles so that they’re less attractive to thieves.
You may also want to watch:
“Please remember not to cycle on pavements or in pedestrian zones.”
To find out more about OWL, including how to sign up, visit www.owl.co.uk/herts.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield