Crime fighting event in Potters Bar
A CRIME-BUSTING event is being held by police in Potters Bar on Saturday.
The initiative, which aims to tackle car crime, forms part of the force’s ‘Operation Tarantula’ – a dedicated anti-vehicle crime crackdown.
It is taking place in the car park at Tesco in Mutton Lane between 10am and 2pm.
The event will include a chance to meet with officers who will be giving crime prevention advice for drivers.
They will also be handing out tamper proof number plate screws.
You may also want to watch:
Arachnophobes beware as between 11am and 1pm members of the public will be able to meet with a live tarantula.
Neighbourhood sergeant David Smith said: “Everyone is welcome and we will be pleased to meet with you.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
“Crime prevention can make a big difference in whether criminals will target your vehicle or not, so come and find out more.
“Thieves are more likely to take the opportunity of breaking into a vehicle if items are left on show and I would encourage people to remove all items from show and where possible from their vehicles.”