Crime fighting event in Potters Bar
A CRIME-BUSTING event is being held by police in Potters Bar on Saturday.
The initiative, which aims to tackle car crime, forms part of the force’s ‘Operation Tarantula’ – a dedicated anti-vehicle crime crackdown.
It is taking place in the car park at Tesco in Mutton Lane between 10am and 2pm.
The event will include a chance to meet with officers who will be giving crime prevention advice for drivers.
They will also be handing out tamper proof number plate screws.
You may also want to watch:
Arachnophobes beware as between 11am and 1pm members of the public will be able to meet with a live tarantula.
Neighbourhood sergeant David Smith said: “Everyone is welcome and we will be pleased to meet with you.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
“Crime prevention can make a big difference in whether criminals will target your vehicle or not, so come and find out more.
“Thieves are more likely to take the opportunity of breaking into a vehicle if items are left on show and I would encourage people to remove all items from show and where possible from their vehicles.”