Date of Christie Frewin murder trial confirmed
- Credit: Herts police
The date for the trial of the death of Welwyn Garden City mother Christie Frewin has been set for later this year.
Alex Staines, 30, from Upperfield, Welwyn Garden City, will appear at St Albans Crown Court on August 9.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court at the end of January and has been charged with murder and possession of a bladed article.
On the morning of Wednesday, January 27, police responded to a report of concerns for the welfare of a woman at an address in Lady Grove.
Officers attended and found the 25-year-old mother of three with injuries, which sadly proved fatal.
At the time Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins, from the Beds Cambs Herts Major Crime Unit, said: “Our enquiries into the incident are continuing, but it is being treated as an isolated incident between parties known to each other."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City gets its own outdoor seating for the summer
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 4 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats