Date of Christie Frewin murder trial confirmed
- Credit: Herts police
The date for the trial of the death of Welwyn Garden City mother Christie Frewin has been set for later this year.
Alex Staines, 30, from Upperfield, Welwyn Garden City, will appear at St Albans Crown Court on August 9.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court at the end of January and has been charged with murder and possession of a bladed article.
On the morning of Wednesday, January 27, police responded to a report of concerns for the welfare of a woman at an address in Lady Grove.
Officers attended and found the 25-year-old mother of three with injuries, which sadly proved fatal.
At the time Detective Inspector Justine Jenkins, from the Beds Cambs Herts Major Crime Unit, said: “Our enquiries into the incident are continuing, but it is being treated as an isolated incident between parties known to each other."
- 1 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 2 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk