Man pleads not guilty to murdering his mother at her Potters Bar home
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A man has pleaded not guilty to murdering his mother at her home in Potters Bar earlier this year.
Charles Dearden denied the charge at St Albans Crown Court on Wednesday, November 17, after appearing via video link from a mental health unit at Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.
The 31-year-old is accused of fatally stabbing his mother Kim, who was aged 63, in Oakfield Close on Sunday, June 20.
Judge Michael Kay QC was told that Dearden was fit to enter a plea after being assessed by psychiatrists.
Prosecutor Simon Wilshire said: “We are awaiting the input from experts regarding his mental health at the time.”
A trial date has been fixed for January 31 next year, while the judge said the case will next be mentioned at court on December 21 this year.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus