13-year-old boy 'robbed' by two males with 'bladed weapon'
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for information and witnesses following a robbery in Hatfield.
On Sunday, December. 13 at around 5.30pm,– a 13-year-old boy, was riding his bicycle along Lemsford Road towards The Common when he was approached by two males who blocked either side of him.
One of the offenders demanded the victim’s phone and it was reported that the other was carrying a bladed weapon.
After taking the victim’s phone, they made off on bicycles into the nearby underpass and they cycled along Cavendish Way towards the Galleria/Co-op direction.
Detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a frightening ordeal and we’re carrying out extensive enquiries to trace the offenders. I am appealing for anyone who saw the robbery or anyone who has information to get in touch.
“In particular, I want to appeal to a passer-by [a woman] who is believed to have walked past while the incident was unfolding. We believe the offenders tried to make out that they knew the victim so it’s likely you walked past without realising anything was amiss. If this was you, we’d be grateful for you to get in touch as you could have vital information that will help our investigation.
“Anyone who can help should call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference 41/100119/20.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street