13-year-old boy 'robbed' by two males with 'bladed weapon'
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for information and witnesses following a robbery in Hatfield.
On Sunday, December. 13 at around 5.30pm,– a 13-year-old boy, was riding his bicycle along Lemsford Road towards The Common when he was approached by two males who blocked either side of him.
One of the offenders demanded the victim’s phone and it was reported that the other was carrying a bladed weapon.
After taking the victim’s phone, they made off on bicycles into the nearby underpass and they cycled along Cavendish Way towards the Galleria/Co-op direction.
Detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a frightening ordeal and we’re carrying out extensive enquiries to trace the offenders. I am appealing for anyone who saw the robbery or anyone who has information to get in touch.
“In particular, I want to appeal to a passer-by [a woman] who is believed to have walked past while the incident was unfolding. We believe the offenders tried to make out that they knew the victim so it’s likely you walked past without realising anything was amiss. If this was you, we’d be grateful for you to get in touch as you could have vital information that will help our investigation.
“Anyone who can help should call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference 41/100119/20.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton