13-year-old boy 'robbed' by two males with 'bladed weapon'
- Credit: Archant
Officers are appealing for information and witnesses following a robbery in Hatfield.
On Sunday, December. 13 at around 5.30pm,– a 13-year-old boy, was riding his bicycle along Lemsford Road towards The Common when he was approached by two males who blocked either side of him.
One of the offenders demanded the victim’s phone and it was reported that the other was carrying a bladed weapon.
After taking the victim’s phone, they made off on bicycles into the nearby underpass and they cycled along Cavendish Way towards the Galleria/Co-op direction.
Detective sergeant Daniel Webb, from the Welwyn Hatfield Local Crime Unit, said: “This was a frightening ordeal and we’re carrying out extensive enquiries to trace the offenders. I am appealing for anyone who saw the robbery or anyone who has information to get in touch.
“In particular, I want to appeal to a passer-by [a woman] who is believed to have walked past while the incident was unfolding. We believe the offenders tried to make out that they knew the victim so it’s likely you walked past without realising anything was amiss. If this was you, we’d be grateful for you to get in touch as you could have vital information that will help our investigation.
“Anyone who can help should call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference 41/100119/20.”
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield