Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- Credit: Matt Powell
A large gathering at an address in Blanche Lane, South Mimms took place yesterday.
Music equipment and alcohol have been seized and a Section 35 dispersal order has been put in place.
A person has also been arrested after an officer was injured while dealing with the incident.
Inspector Kio Bozorgi said: “This is completely unacceptable behaviour and I would like to reassure the community that action is being taken. Police have a variety of powers to their disposal which include powers of entry into premises to disrupt such activity.
“With daily deaths over 1000, there is no good excuse to be breaking the lockdown rules.
You may also want to watch:
"We all have a duty to protect our NHS and help save lives and I would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to do the right thing and respect the rules.
"Further enquiries will take place to establish the circumstances of this incident but I would like to remind you that renting accommodation in order to have a music event or gathering is not tolerated at this present time and lease holders found responsible will be prosecuted.”
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
Police have asked the public to inform them if you see the following:
- Social media messages advertising a large gathering
- People unloading sound equipment
- Cropped bolts on gates
- Flattened or disturbed hedgerows
- People in vehicles stopping to look into a field
- People climbing over a fence or gate to look into a field
- Vehicles entering fields or open spaces
If you believe a crime is in action, or someone’s life is in danger, then please always dial 999.