Hooded thieves steal bike chained to a metal pipe from outside house
- Credit: Archant
Hooded thieves dressed all in black have stolen a bike in Hatfield, according to Herts police.
At around 1.30 am on Friday, February 5, two offenders stole a dark red Carrera x Fire from outside a house in Bishops Rise.
The pair, described as young and slim, then made off towards the Garden Avenue and Cherry Way area.
PC Elena Devine, who is investigating, said: “The bike was chained to a metal pipe and it’s believed the offenders used an angle grinder or something similar to remove the lock. It’s likely that this was very noisy so I’m hopeful that it would have caught the attention of those nearby. Did you hear or see something suspicious? Please get in touch if so.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who thinks they have seen the bike or been offered it for sale. It has quick-release wheels and a light on the handlebars. It doesn’t have any other lights, just reflectors. If you think you’ve spotted it, get in contact so we can hopefully find it."
Please call the non-emergency number 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting crime reference 41/8603/21 if you have any information.
- 1 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 2 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 3 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 4 Three hours free parking to be considered for Hatfield
- 5 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 6 New date announced for music festival in Hatfield
- 7 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 8 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 9 Overweight vehicles fined in police crackdown
- 10 No jab, no job COVID-19 policy rolled out at care homes