Hooded thieves steal bike chained to a metal pipe from outside house
- Credit: Archant
Hooded thieves dressed all in black have stolen a bike in Hatfield, according to Herts police.
At around 1.30 am on Friday, February 5, two offenders stole a dark red Carrera x Fire from outside a house in Bishops Rise.
The pair, described as young and slim, then made off towards the Garden Avenue and Cherry Way area.
PC Elena Devine, who is investigating, said: “The bike was chained to a metal pipe and it’s believed the offenders used an angle grinder or something similar to remove the lock. It’s likely that this was very noisy so I’m hopeful that it would have caught the attention of those nearby. Did you hear or see something suspicious? Please get in touch if so.
“I’d also like to hear from anyone who thinks they have seen the bike or been offered it for sale. It has quick-release wheels and a light on the handlebars. It doesn’t have any other lights, just reflectors. If you think you’ve spotted it, get in contact so we can hopefully find it."
Please call the non-emergency number 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting crime reference 41/8603/21 if you have any information.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season