Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- Credit: Hertfordshire Constabulary
Two men have been arrested after allegedly trying to steal a vehicle in Stevenage.
According to Herts police, the men were "tactically stopped" and arrested on the A1(M) this morning (Friday, August 5), on the outskirts of Welwyn Garden City.
It is thought that the men fled Stevenage after being confronted by the owner of a vehicle which they were allegedly trying to steal.
A police spokesperson said: "Police were called at around 10.30am on Friday, August 5, after attempts were allegedly made to steal a vehicle in Stevenage.
"When the owner of the vehicle challenged the suspects, they made off from the area.
"'Fast time' enquiries were carried out and a vehicle of interest was subsequently traced travelling south on the A1(M).
"Officers brought the vehicle to a safe stop near junction 4 and two men were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle. They remain in police custody at this time.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Updated Simply Red set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 3 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 4 Free music festival Rock at the Castle returns to Hertford Castle with line-ups on three stages
- 5 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 6 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
- 7 Queen Symphonic set times for Hatfield Park concert
- 8 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 9 Paloma Faith, Queen Symphonic and Simply Red to play concerts in Hatfield Park
- 10 BBC Studioworks extends lease at Elstree Studios - the Hertfordshire home of Strictly Come Dancing
"The vehicle they were travelling in was seized as part of the investigation."