Girl, 13, seriously injured after being struck by Smart car on A1170
- Credit: Google Maps
A 13-year-old girl has been left seriously injured after being hit by a car this morning.
Police were called just before 8.30am to a crash on the A1170 High Road in Broxbourne involving a car and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian, a teenage girl, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The motorist stayed at the scene and is assisting police with their enquiries.
High Road has been closed by police and is expected to remain closed for some time.
Sergeant Nicholas Kane, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time who may have witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to it or immediately after, to please get in touch as a matter of urgency.
“I would be especially keen to hear from you if you were driving in High Road around the time specified and have a dash cam fitted to your vehicle.
- 1 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 2 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 3 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 9 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
"Please check your footage as soon as you can and get in touch if you have captured something that may assist with our enquiries.”
You can email Sergeant Kane at email@example.com, report information online, use online web chat, or call the non-emergency number 101 quoting reference ISR 115 of 31/03.