Credit crunch lunch at a Welwyn pub
CREDIT crunch lunch. It s a bit of a mouthful, right? Well that s exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for – to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as poss
CREDIT crunch lunch. It's a bit of a mouthful, right?
Well that's exactly what the good folk down at the White Hart Hotel, in Welwyn, are hoping for - to give you a big mouthful of beautifully prepared, great tasting home-cooked grub for as little as possible.
Their newest offer, named the Credit Crunch Lunch, is a two-course meal including a glass of wine for �9.99, running from Monday to Saturday, from noon to 2.30pm.
Piers Lyon, who is the owner of the Prospect Place eatery, said: "Even though we haven't felt the pinch or too much of a drop in custom, we know it could be upcoming, plus people still want to eat and drink out, they just want it for less!
You may also want to watch:
"With some good supplier relations and talented chefs, we can devise menus and offers to help keep the cost down of enjoying a meal out."
All the dishes cooked by the top chefs and his staff are homemade from fresh market and farm produce, locally sourced wherever possible.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
They include deep fried whitebait with lemon and herb mayonnaise, pan fried haddock with a curry cream sauce, poached egg served with minted new potatoes and peas, buttered spinach spaghetti carbonara and chick pea and nut loaf with provencale sauce.
Piers added: "Additionally on top of the �9.99 offer you can add a third course for �3."
For more information visit www.thewhiteharthotel.net or call 01438 715353.