Crash on ‘boy racer’ road in Welwyn Garden City
A CRASH in a WGC street where ‘boy racer’ drivers were blamed for killing three cats has convinced a resident to start a petition to get speed humps installed.
The head-on collision, on September 23, happened right outside resident Karen Hillier’s home in Mill Green Road. Last week the WHT told how Karen and her son Shane McSweeney had lost another cat on the road, which she says needs traffic calming measures.
On witnessing the latest accident she got on to the phone to the WHT and said: “I just looked out of the window and saw a van and a car.
“It’s a head on smash. Nothing has been damaged but the road is blocked.”
She added: “I’m going to start a petition now.”
You may also want to watch:
Thursday’s shunt involved a silver Ford Focus and a blue Mercedes panel van.
There is no suggestion that either of the cars involved were going over the speed limit.
- 1 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 6 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 10 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
Charlotte Higgs, owner of the Ford Focus, said: “It doesn’t help with all the cars parked along the side of the road.”
Her car was left with a dented front, but she was not injured.
Police were called at around 11.30am as the road was left partially-blocked.
The obstruction was moved by 12.15pm.