Crash on ‘boy racer’ road in Welwyn Garden City
A CRASH in a WGC street where ‘boy racer’ drivers were blamed for killing three cats has convinced a resident to start a petition to get speed humps installed.
The head-on collision, on September 23, happened right outside resident Karen Hillier’s home in Mill Green Road. Last week the WHT told how Karen and her son Shane McSweeney had lost another cat on the road, which she says needs traffic calming measures.
On witnessing the latest accident she got on to the phone to the WHT and said: “I just looked out of the window and saw a van and a car.
“It’s a head on smash. Nothing has been damaged but the road is blocked.”
She added: “I’m going to start a petition now.”
You may also want to watch:
Thursday’s shunt involved a silver Ford Focus and a blue Mercedes panel van.
There is no suggestion that either of the cars involved were going over the speed limit.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
Charlotte Higgs, owner of the Ford Focus, said: “It doesn’t help with all the cars parked along the side of the road.”
Her car was left with a dented front, but she was not injured.
Police were called at around 11.30am as the road was left partially-blocked.
The obstruction was moved by 12.15pm.