Lorry and Mini involved in A1(M) crash at Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services are on the scene of a crash on the A1(M) in Welwyn Garden City, which has resulted in long queues of traffic all the way back to Hatfield.
A Herts Police spokeswoman said: “We were called at 8.55am to reports of a collision involving a lorry and a Mini on the A1(M) northbound just north of Junction 4 [Hatfield, Oldings Corner - Tesco roundabout].
“Two lanes are currently closed.
“The lady driving the Mini is being seen to by the ambulance service and we remain on scene.”
An eyewitness said: “There were a couple of police cars on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“When I went past, police and Highways were across the road and all lanes were closed.
“Police had closed the road and were holding traffic around Junction 5 where you join from Lemsford.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“Traffic was backed up all the way to Hatfield Tunnel.”