One person taken to hospital after crash near Knebworth on A1(M) northbound
- Credit: Archant
A crash near Knebworth which closed both lanes of the A1(M) between Junction 6 for Welwyn and 7 for Stevenage is continuing to cause heavy traffic in the area since reopening.
Police were called at around 2.10pm today to reports of a collision on the A1M, near Junction 6.
Two vehicles were involved – a purple Mercedes C270 Estate and a grey Mercedes C220 Sport and one person was taken to hospital.
There was no serious injuries sustained.
The road was temporarily closed in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Beds, Cambs and Herts Roads Policing Unit tweeted “luckily” there has been just a minor injury with damage to the roadside furniture.
But they advised, due to the heavy traffic building, drivers should avoid the area.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Recovery was arranged for both vehicles.