Couple organise Oxjam charity concert
VOLUNTEERS are hosting an Oxjam charity gig at the Hertford Corn Exchange tomorrow (Friday) night.
The Dogs, The Supernovas and The Carolines are all on the bill promising a mixture of indie, mod and punk.
Husband and wife team Nick and Lisa Cave are organising the over 18s gig for Oxfam.
Lisa said: “We’ve never done anything like this before but we both go to lots of gigs and festivals and Nick got the idea after seeing other Oxjam gigs listed on the www.wegottickets.com website.
“We’ve got three excellent bands who’ve agreed to play for free for us, we’re volunteering our time to make it happen, and if we can sell out tickets we should raise over �1,000 for Oxfam, which is far more than we could ever donate to them on our own.
You may also want to watch:
“We support Oxfam because they provide real, practical help to those who need it, such as the people affected by the terrible floods in Pakistan.”
She added: “It’s great we can see how our money is being spent and know we’re making a difference to people’s lives.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
The bands playing are:
* The Dogs – a well established live band with several albums behind them, one of which featured Paul Weller.
* The Supernovas – a hotly-tipped up-and-coming band, who’ve played the Camden Crawl, Glastonbury and Latitude festivals this year.
* The Carolines – an upbeat indie band from St Albans, who have just been on tour in Germany with singer Carl Barat from The Libertines.
Lisa added: “Nick and I have seen them all live, several times, and couldn’t believe our luck when they agreed to play for us.
“This is probably the only time you’ll see all three bands on in one night and in such an intimate venue.”
The concert is at the Hertford Corn Exchange in Fore Street, Hertford, from 7.30pm until 2am.
Tickets are �10 and available from the Oxfam bookshop and the Tourist Information Centre in Hertford, and online at www.wegottickets.com