Couple organise Oxjam charity concert
VOLUNTEERS are hosting an Oxjam charity gig at the Hertford Corn Exchange tomorrow (Friday) night.
The Dogs, The Supernovas and The Carolines are all on the bill promising a mixture of indie, mod and punk.
Husband and wife team Nick and Lisa Cave are organising the over 18s gig for Oxfam.
Lisa said: “We’ve never done anything like this before but we both go to lots of gigs and festivals and Nick got the idea after seeing other Oxjam gigs listed on the www.wegottickets.com website.
“We’ve got three excellent bands who’ve agreed to play for free for us, we’re volunteering our time to make it happen, and if we can sell out tickets we should raise over �1,000 for Oxfam, which is far more than we could ever donate to them on our own.
You may also want to watch:
“We support Oxfam because they provide real, practical help to those who need it, such as the people affected by the terrible floods in Pakistan.”
She added: “It’s great we can see how our money is being spent and know we’re making a difference to people’s lives.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The bands playing are:
* The Dogs – a well established live band with several albums behind them, one of which featured Paul Weller.
* The Supernovas – a hotly-tipped up-and-coming band, who’ve played the Camden Crawl, Glastonbury and Latitude festivals this year.
* The Carolines – an upbeat indie band from St Albans, who have just been on tour in Germany with singer Carl Barat from The Libertines.
Lisa added: “Nick and I have seen them all live, several times, and couldn’t believe our luck when they agreed to play for us.
“This is probably the only time you’ll see all three bands on in one night and in such an intimate venue.”
The concert is at the Hertford Corn Exchange in Fore Street, Hertford, from 7.30pm until 2am.
Tickets are �10 and available from the Oxfam bookshop and the Tourist Information Centre in Hertford, and online at www.wegottickets.com