County to get an incinerator – but will it be in Hatfield?
AN incinerator WILL be built in Hertfordshire to handle the county’s waste.
However, a site for the so-called ‘energy from waste’ facility has yet to be chosen.
The news emerged yesterday (Tuesday) following a meeting of the county council’s cabinet on Monday.
The council had been considering proposals from six companies, all of whom were interested in building a facility to manage Hertfordshire’s waste.
This shortlist has now been reduced to four firms – all of whom will be proposing an incinerator.
You may also want to watch:
New Barnfield in Hatfield remains the county’s favoured site.
* For more on this, and other news relating to the campaign to save New Barnfield, see today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure