County to get an incinerator – but will it be in Hatfield?
AN incinerator WILL be built in Hertfordshire to handle the county’s waste.
However, a site for the so-called ‘energy from waste’ facility has yet to be chosen.
The news emerged yesterday (Tuesday) following a meeting of the county council’s cabinet on Monday.
The council had been considering proposals from six companies, all of whom were interested in building a facility to manage Hertfordshire’s waste.
This shortlist has now been reduced to four firms – all of whom will be proposing an incinerator.
You may also want to watch:
New Barnfield in Hatfield remains the county’s favoured site.
* For more on this, and other news relating to the campaign to save New Barnfield, see today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 top Hertfordshire music festivals set for the summer of 2021