County to get an incinerator – but will it be in Hatfield?
AN incinerator WILL be built in Hertfordshire to handle the county’s waste.
However, a site for the so-called ‘energy from waste’ facility has yet to be chosen.
The news emerged yesterday (Tuesday) following a meeting of the county council’s cabinet on Monday.
The council had been considering proposals from six companies, all of whom were interested in building a facility to manage Hertfordshire’s waste.
This shortlist has now been reduced to four firms – all of whom will be proposing an incinerator.
You may also want to watch:
New Barnfield in Hatfield remains the county’s favoured site.
* For more on this, and other news relating to the campaign to save New Barnfield, see today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’