County to get an incinerator – but will it be in Hatfield?
AN incinerator WILL be built in Hertfordshire to handle the county’s waste.
However, a site for the so-called ‘energy from waste’ facility has yet to be chosen.
The news emerged yesterday (Tuesday) following a meeting of the county council’s cabinet on Monday.
The council had been considering proposals from six companies, all of whom were interested in building a facility to manage Hertfordshire’s waste.
This shortlist has now been reduced to four firms – all of whom will be proposing an incinerator.
You may also want to watch:
New Barnfield in Hatfield remains the county’s favoured site.
* For more on this, and other news relating to the campaign to save New Barnfield, see today’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?