Country pub rings the changes
IT’S been a difficult year for The Bell Country Hotel in High Street, Codicote.
Like many pubs, trade has declined significantly since the recession began, as more and more customers stayed away to save cash.
But all that is set to change in 2010, as operations director Cathie Connaught prepares to relaunch the pub in January – as The Bell Inn Country Pub.
And she and her team are calling on local residents and businesses to come together to help push the project forward.
Cathie has already enlisted the help of Codicote Butchers, to supply fresh meat for the pub’s new menu, which will include dishes of black pudding, bacon, ham hock, sausage and mash, free range chicken and steak.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to source the best produce that we can get locally,” said Cathie. “Hertfordshire has so much quality to offer that it seems a waste to look elsewhere. We have a few suppliers lined up but would love to hear from anyone else who might have something special to offer.”
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
The owners have also called on Phillip Kelly, a management consultant with over 15 years of experience in the pub industry, to help oversee the relaunch.
“The Bell really has the potential to be at the very heart of Codicote’s community and also to act as a new voice in Hertfordshire’s business profile,” Mr Kelly said.
“This venue not only lends itself to being a fantastically rustic country pub but is also perfectly suited for both corporate functions and weddings.
“By supporting each other The Bell and its local suppliers can succeed in enhancing their businesses and in fighting back against the recession.”
The relaunch has been scheduled for January. To find out how you can help support The Bell Inn, call the pub on 01438 821600.