Country pub rings the changes
IT’S been a difficult year for The Bell Country Hotel in High Street, Codicote.
Like many pubs, trade has declined significantly since the recession began, as more and more customers stayed away to save cash.
But all that is set to change in 2010, as operations director Cathie Connaught prepares to relaunch the pub in January – as The Bell Inn Country Pub.
And she and her team are calling on local residents and businesses to come together to help push the project forward.
Cathie has already enlisted the help of Codicote Butchers, to supply fresh meat for the pub’s new menu, which will include dishes of black pudding, bacon, ham hock, sausage and mash, free range chicken and steak.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to source the best produce that we can get locally,” said Cathie. “Hertfordshire has so much quality to offer that it seems a waste to look elsewhere. We have a few suppliers lined up but would love to hear from anyone else who might have something special to offer.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
The owners have also called on Phillip Kelly, a management consultant with over 15 years of experience in the pub industry, to help oversee the relaunch.
“The Bell really has the potential to be at the very heart of Codicote’s community and also to act as a new voice in Hertfordshire’s business profile,” Mr Kelly said.
“This venue not only lends itself to being a fantastically rustic country pub but is also perfectly suited for both corporate functions and weddings.
“By supporting each other The Bell and its local suppliers can succeed in enhancing their businesses and in fighting back against the recession.”
The relaunch has been scheduled for January. To find out how you can help support The Bell Inn, call the pub on 01438 821600.