Counters at Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar police stations to close
FRONT counter services at two police stations in Times Territory will close this week.
Both the counters at WGC and Potters Bar police stations will shut this Friday, April 1, as part of cost-saving measures by Hertfordshire Constabulary following a 20 per cent cut in Government funding.
But while WGC station on The Campus will remain fully operational, Potters Bar station, in High Street, will close for good later this year, with the building sold off to generate cash.
Superintendent Jeff Taylor said: “Front counter services at the county’s less-used stations cannot continue to be preserved at the expense of community safety and public protection.”
Discussions to relocate officers somewhere else in the Potters Bar are ongoing, with several locations being earmarked as potential sites.
You may also want to watch:
The nearest front counter for both towns is now Hatfield police station in Comet Way, which is open every day from 7am until 11pm, or 8am to 10pm on Sundays.
Members of the public can still contact police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement