Council tax to rise in Welwyn Hatfield
THE borough s share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday). At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from
THE borough's share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday).
At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from cabinet members to increase council tax by 2.54 per cent for the coming financial year.
Councillors also agreed the authority's total budget for 2009/10, which stands at �15,883,780 - an increase of �570,600 on 2008/09.
The budget was agreed by a majority of 34 to 3.
You may also want to watch:
A motion proposing an alternative budget, by Lib Dem councillors, was defeated.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire