Council tax to rise in Welwyn Hatfield
THE borough s share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday). At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from
THE borough's share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday).
At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from cabinet members to increase council tax by 2.54 per cent for the coming financial year.
Councillors also agreed the authority's total budget for 2009/10, which stands at �15,883,780 - an increase of �570,600 on 2008/09.
The budget was agreed by a majority of 34 to 3.
You may also want to watch:
A motion proposing an alternative budget, by Lib Dem councillors, was defeated.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime