Council tax to rise in Welwyn Hatfield
THE borough s share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday). At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from
THE borough's share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday).
At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from cabinet members to increase council tax by 2.54 per cent for the coming financial year.
Councillors also agreed the authority's total budget for 2009/10, which stands at �15,883,780 - an increase of �570,600 on 2008/09.
The budget was agreed by a majority of 34 to 3.
You may also want to watch:
A motion proposing an alternative budget, by Lib Dem councillors, was defeated.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street