Council tax to rise in Welwyn Hatfield
THE borough s share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday). At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from
THE borough's share of the council tax will rise by more than 2.5 per cent, it was decided last night (Thursday).
At a full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, members agreed a recommendation from cabinet members to increase council tax by 2.54 per cent for the coming financial year.
Councillors also agreed the authority's total budget for 2009/10, which stands at �15,883,780 - an increase of �570,600 on 2008/09.
The budget was agreed by a majority of 34 to 3.
You may also want to watch:
A motion proposing an alternative budget, by Lib Dem councillors, was defeated.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?