Council tax bill set for Welwyn Hatfield residents
THE council tax bill for Welwyn Hatfield residets for the coming financial year was set last night (Thursday).
With the majority of local authorities freezing their portions of the bill, the average rise is just 0.02 per cent.
But while people living in some areas will pay slightly more, others will actually have to part with slightly less.
The average Band D property bill is up 72p in Hatfield to �1,528.18.
In WGC, however, Band D residents will pay �1,473.87 – a fall of �1.15.
You may also want to watch:
Villagers living in Ayot St Lawrence will be the best off. Their bill for the coming year will be �1,468.74 – a whopping �9.11 less than before.
The tax levels were finalised at a special full meeting of Welwyn Hatfield Council, which collects the money.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
Cllr Alan Franey, deputy leader and executive member for resources, said: “I am pleased that on average the council tax for Welwyn Hatfield has been retained at last year’s level.
“This council, Hertfordshire County Council and the police authority have all frozen their precepts.
“Each area is further affected by the precept amount of the local parish and town councils and by the allocation of special expenses.
“As a consequence, council tax bills will vary from a decrease of 0.62 per cent in Ayot St Lawrence to an increase of 0.57 per cent in Ayot St Peter.”
* Click on the link above right to see how much your council tax bill will be.