Council recoups ‘nearly all’ of £50,000 spent on The Women’s Tour
- Credit: Archant
The borough has recouped nearly all of the £50,000 it ploughed into hosting a leg of an elite women’s cycling race.
Welwyn Hatfield Council has secured £42,750 from sponsors for the Friends Life Women’s Tour stage which ended in a dramatic sprint finish on Parkway, last Saturday.
Matt Rayner, the council’s youth and sport partnerships manager, said: “I want to say a massive thank you to all our sponsors for helping to put on such a successful event.
“We made an initial investment to host the stage finish and from the outset we were confident it was the right thing to do for Welwyn Hatfield.
“Thanks to the support of sponsors, we managed to recoup almost all of this outlay, and if you take into account sponsorship ‘in kind’, we exceeded that target.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great example of us working alongside local business to deliver something of which the whole borough can be proud.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'