COVID-19 cases rise in Welwyn Hatfield and Hertsmere but remain below average
- Credit: Darko Stojanovic / Pixabay
The data for the first full week of lockdown has shown another rise in the number of new COVID-19 cases in Welwyn Hatfield and a rise for Hertsmere following a drop in cases the week prior.
Welwyn Hatfield had 209 cases of coronavirus between November 6 and November 12, an increase of 40 compared with the previous week.
Hertsmere had a rise of 19, with a total of 143 cases for the week.
The average area in England had 221 cases per 100,000, the week previous the figure was 182 – so rises in cases are being seen across the country.
Welwyn Hatfield had 170 cases per 100,000 and Hertsmere had 136, both notably under the average.
You may also want to watch:
Welwyn Hatfield now has a total of 1,474 up to November 16 and Hertsmere has a total of 1,537.
Welwyn Hatfield remains at 114 coronavirus-related deaths, having only seen one death in the past few months.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
Hertsmere has 192 coronavirus-related deaths registered to 30 Oct, having seen seven deaths throughout October.