Conservative candidate Grant Shapps arrives for election count
Tory candidate Grant Shapps has arrived at Campus West for the election count – following a marathon tour of the constituency.
Mr Shapps had decided to spend election day attempting to visit all 50 polling stations in Welwyn Hatfield – but just fell short, finally making 34 stops.
“It’s quite hard for a candidate to know what to do on Election Day,” Mr Shapps said.
“You’ve done all your door knocking and campaigning, so I just decided to go out and see how things were going.”
Having both won and lost an election in Welwyn Hatfield, Mr Shapps said he was taking nothing for granted.
You may also want to watch:
“Welwyn Hatfield is the kind of place where people vote for themselves,” he said.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season