Conmen target pensioners in Welwyn Garden City
TWO elderly women who live in the same street in WGC have been conned out of hundreds of pounds by distraction burglars.
The neighbours, aged 81 and 84, were targeted within 10 days of each other in the Knightsfield area of town.
Both answered the door to men posing as electricians.
The first distraction burglary took place at around 1.30pm on November 10 – the second incident occured between 11am and 11.45am on November 20.
Pc Katie Bish is investigating.
You may also want to watch:
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “At the moment we are not ruling out that the two burglaries are linked.
“We are treating these seriously and are interested in speaking to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on the day of the incidents, to please get in touch.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
The man in the first incident is described as white, in his 60s, with grey hair, a London accent and of stocky build.
He was wearing a grey lightweight waterproof coat.
The man in the second incident is described as white, in his late 50s, with grey hair and a dark anorak.
If you have any information call police on 0845 33 00 222.