Conmen target pensioners in Welwyn Garden City
TWO elderly women who live in the same street in WGC have been conned out of hundreds of pounds by distraction burglars.
The neighbours, aged 81 and 84, were targeted within 10 days of each other in the Knightsfield area of town.
Both answered the door to men posing as electricians.
The first distraction burglary took place at around 1.30pm on November 10 – the second incident occured between 11am and 11.45am on November 20.
Pc Katie Bish is investigating.
You may also want to watch:
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “At the moment we are not ruling out that the two burglaries are linked.
“We are treating these seriously and are interested in speaking to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on the day of the incidents, to please get in touch.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
The man in the first incident is described as white, in his 60s, with grey hair, a London accent and of stocky build.
He was wearing a grey lightweight waterproof coat.
The man in the second incident is described as white, in his late 50s, with grey hair and a dark anorak.
If you have any information call police on 0845 33 00 222.