Conmen target pensioners in Welwyn Garden City
TWO elderly women who live in the same street in WGC have been conned out of hundreds of pounds by distraction burglars.
The neighbours, aged 81 and 84, were targeted within 10 days of each other in the Knightsfield area of town.
Both answered the door to men posing as electricians.
The first distraction burglary took place at around 1.30pm on November 10 – the second incident occured between 11am and 11.45am on November 20.
Pc Katie Bish is investigating.
You may also want to watch:
She told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “At the moment we are not ruling out that the two burglaries are linked.
“We are treating these seriously and are interested in speaking to anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area on the day of the incidents, to please get in touch.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
The man in the first incident is described as white, in his 60s, with grey hair, a London accent and of stocky build.
He was wearing a grey lightweight waterproof coat.
The man in the second incident is described as white, in his late 50s, with grey hair and a dark anorak.
If you have any information call police on 0845 33 00 222.