Concern grows for missing Hatfield woman
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week. Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4. The 57-year-old was reported missing on
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week.
Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4.
The 57-year-old was reported missing on Wednesday, June 10, and the last anyone heard from her was via a phone call on Sunday June 7.
Police are now appealing to anyone with information as to her whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: "This is completely of character for Janet.
"We have conducted extensive enquiries to trace her. She may be in the Hatfield area but she may have travelled out of the county, so we are appealing for anyone who may have seen her to contact us."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Janet is white, about 5ft 7in tall, with short fair hair.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.