Concern grows for missing Hatfield woman
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week. Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4. The 57-year-old was reported missing on
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week.
Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4.
The 57-year-old was reported missing on Wednesday, June 10, and the last anyone heard from her was via a phone call on Sunday June 7.
Police are now appealing to anyone with information as to her whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: "This is completely of character for Janet.
"We have conducted extensive enquiries to trace her. She may be in the Hatfield area but she may have travelled out of the county, so we are appealing for anyone who may have seen her to contact us."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Eight-year-old actress joins sister in the big screen as she stars in independent domestic abuse film
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
Janet is white, about 5ft 7in tall, with short fair hair.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.