Concern grows for missing Hatfield woman
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week. Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4. The 57-year-old was reported missing on
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week.
Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4.
The 57-year-old was reported missing on Wednesday, June 10, and the last anyone heard from her was via a phone call on Sunday June 7.
Police are now appealing to anyone with information as to her whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: "This is completely of character for Janet.
"We have conducted extensive enquiries to trace her. She may be in the Hatfield area but she may have travelled out of the county, so we are appealing for anyone who may have seen her to contact us."
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
Janet is white, about 5ft 7in tall, with short fair hair.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.