Concern grows for missing Hatfield woman
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week. Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4. The 57-year-old was reported missing on
FRIENDS and family of a woman from Hatfield are becoming increasingly concerned for her safety after she has not been seen for over a week.
Janet Read, from Walsingham Close, was last seen at 3pm on Thursday June 4.
The 57-year-old was reported missing on Wednesday, June 10, and the last anyone heard from her was via a phone call on Sunday June 7.
Police are now appealing to anyone with information as to her whereabouts.
Detective inspector Chris Wright said: "This is completely of character for Janet.
"We have conducted extensive enquiries to trace her. She may be in the Hatfield area but she may have travelled out of the county, so we are appealing for anyone who may have seen her to contact us."
- 1 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 2 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 3 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 4 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 5 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Free Compassionate Neighbours training session to be held by Isabel Hospice in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 9 What happened to the 633 Squadron movie-star Mosquitos?
- 10 Hatfield company finalists of Impact Awards 2022
Janet is white, about 5ft 7in tall, with short fair hair.
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.