Commonwealth medallist sent to jail
A COMMONWEALTH Games gold medallist, who conned investors out of thousands of pounds, has been jailed for 30 months. Steve Scutt, who was a member of England s winning 4x400m relay team in the 1982 Games in Brisbane, Australia, pleaded guilty to eight ch
A COMMONWEALTH Games gold medallist, who conned investors out of thousands of pounds, has been jailed for 30 months.
Steve Scutt, who was a member of England's winning 4x400m relay team in the 1982 Games in Brisbane, Australia, pleaded guilty to eight charges.
The runner tried in vain to promote a sports drink, but as numerous businesses failed, he was made bankrupt and banned from running companies.
At St Albans Crown Court on Friday, Scutt, 53, of Newgate Street Village, was also banned from being a company director for eight years, and a confiscation order for �1 was also imposed.
You may also want to watch:
*For more on the case see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told