Commonwealth medallist sent to jail
A COMMONWEALTH Games gold medallist, who conned investors out of thousands of pounds, has been jailed for 30 months. Steve Scutt, who was a member of England s winning 4x400m relay team in the 1982 Games in Brisbane, Australia, pleaded guilty to eight ch
A COMMONWEALTH Games gold medallist, who conned investors out of thousands of pounds, has been jailed for 30 months.
Steve Scutt, who was a member of England's winning 4x400m relay team in the 1982 Games in Brisbane, Australia, pleaded guilty to eight charges.
The runner tried in vain to promote a sports drink, but as numerous businesses failed, he was made bankrupt and banned from running companies.
At St Albans Crown Court on Friday, Scutt, 53, of Newgate Street Village, was also banned from being a company director for eight years, and a confiscation order for �1 was also imposed.
You may also want to watch:
*For more on the case see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place