Comic poet performs in Hatfield
A MAN dubbed the country's most innovative comic poet is to perform in Hatfield. John Hegley has several bestselling volumes of poetry to his name and is also a musician and songwriter. The audience will be the first to hear his new poem about the Dunsta
A MAN dubbed the country's most innovative comic poet is to perform in Hatfield.
John Hegley has several bestselling volumes of poetry to his name and is also a musician and songwriter.
The audience will be the first to hear his new poem about the Dunstable to Hatfield railway line.
County councillor Keith Emsall, responsible for culture, said: "This is one of many treats and special events we've lined up in our libraries as part of the National Year of Reading, and it will be a great surprise if this one isn't sold out."
You may also want to watch:
The event at the Central Resources Library in New Barnfield takes place on Friday April 17 and replaces a planned event snowed off in February.
Two similar events in St Albans and Harpenden were sell-out shows.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Tickets cost �3. For more information visit the library or call 01438 737333.