Comic poet performs in Hatfield
A MAN dubbed the country's most innovative comic poet is to perform in Hatfield. John Hegley has several bestselling volumes of poetry to his name and is also a musician and songwriter. The audience will be the first to hear his new poem about the Dunsta
A MAN dubbed the country's most innovative comic poet is to perform in Hatfield.
John Hegley has several bestselling volumes of poetry to his name and is also a musician and songwriter.
The audience will be the first to hear his new poem about the Dunstable to Hatfield railway line.
County councillor Keith Emsall, responsible for culture, said: "This is one of many treats and special events we've lined up in our libraries as part of the National Year of Reading, and it will be a great surprise if this one isn't sold out."
You may also want to watch:
The event at the Central Resources Library in New Barnfield takes place on Friday April 17 and replaces a planned event snowed off in February.
Two similar events in St Albans and Harpenden were sell-out shows.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Tickets cost �3. For more information visit the library or call 01438 737333.