Clock ticking on Welwyn Garden City Wetherspoon appeal
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out for JD Wetherspoon to appeal a decision on its Welwyn Garden City pub plans.
The company applied to build a pub at 22 Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, but this was refused at the Development Management Committee on August 18 last year.
Wetherspoon was informed of the refusal with a decision notice on August 22.
A council spokesman said: “JD Wetherspoon has the right to appeal this decision within six months of the decision notice, but we have not heard anything from them.
“They have until February 22 to do so.
You may also want to watch:
“Before this date, they would need to outline their grounds for appeal, and the appeal would also need to be validated by the Planning Inspectorate.”
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 5 Have you seen this missing teenager from Knebworth?
- 6 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council