Nearly 250 litter bags picked by Clean Up Hatfield in a week
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 250 bags of litter were picked up by Clean Up Hatfield from September 30 to October 6.
The Hatfield group saw a record number of 25 groups and 142 volunteers turn out for its Autumn campaign.
Hatfield Community Free School, Bishops Hatfield and Onslow St Audreys pupils also took part, and excluding the litter-picking from schools, 247 bags were collected.
Joint library manager Jackie Green reported that she could only find half a bag of litter in the vicinity of the library.
Anna from Affinity Water said: "What a cracking afternoon we had. We enjoyed it so much."
You may also want to watch:
There will be another campaign in the spring, so look out for more updates via the Clean Up Hatfield Twitter feed or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If anyone wants to help in the meantime the Love Welwyn Hatfield group does regular litter picks in the town so please contact: email@example.com.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 8 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone