Hatfield, Letchworth, Royston and Stevenage cinemas closed due to new coronavirus guidelines
- Credit: Google Streetview
In line with the Government’s advice to avoid social gatherings, Hatfield, Letchworth, Royston and Stevenage cinemas have announced closures.
The Odeon cinema in Hatfield will be closed from today due to the latest coronavirus guidelines.
Odeon said on twitter that all its cinemas will shut for the foreseeable future, which includes the branch at The Galleria.
“If you have pre-booked tickets online these will be refunded automatically,” it said.
Royston Picture Palace and Letchworth’s Broadway Cinema and Theatre are both also closed with immediate effect.
You may also want to watch:
The Picture Palace said on Facebook, “We do not want to endanger the health of our staff, volunteers or customers or speed the spread of the disease in our area.”
The Broadway said: “We are so sorry but our priority is to keep our loyal customers safe.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
Cineworld, which operates in Stevenage, is also due to close tomorrow.
But Campus West in Welwyn Garden City has said it will still stay open for now.
Similarly, the Odyssey in St Albans had opted for business as usual unless its advised otherwise.
All tickets bought in advance are refundable, and cinema goers are advised to get in touch with customer service.