Church takes centre stage at Knebworth Village Festival
A CHURCH took centre stage at the “heart of the community” at the colourful and lively Knebworth Village Festival.
St Martin’s Church was the venue for a veritable smorgasbord of singing and dancing over the weekend.
Chairman Brian Worthington told the WHT: “It was tremendous, we had music in St Martin’s Church which was unique.
“It’s the first time we’ve done music in St Martin’s in the way we did it.
“We took out all the pews from the church and created a raised concert hall.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really, really super.”
He added: “On Saturday morning we had four hours of local talent singing and dancing in the church and Sunday evening was sensational with a gospel choir – we had 150 people in there singing, dancing and really enjoying themselves.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“The church has never seen anything like it – it has been a sensational three days.
“It truly brought the church into the heart of the community.”
And the festival fun isn’t over yet, with events ongoing this week and at the weekend too.