Christmas tree competition and choir singing in Welwyn Garden City
A DAZZLING array of 60 beautifully decorated Christmas trees will be up for grabs at a WGC church this weekend.
Raising funds for both St Francis of Assisi Church, where the 12th annual St Francis Christmas Tree Festival is being held, and 1st WGC Scout Group, the trees will be available for purchase in a silent auction.
A competition is being run alongside the event, which will see the fanciest fur being donated to the QE2 Hospital.
The festival is runs on both Saturday, from noon to 6pm, and Sunday, from 1pm until 6pm.
There will be a range of activities keeping the little ones, and the older ones, busy including a Santa’s grotto, a tombola, a raffle, children’s games and entertainment, as well as a selection of stalls offering homemade cakes and bargain books.
You may also want to watch:
Ample refreshments will be on offer from hot and cold foods, mulled wine, mince pies, cakes and other beverages.
Admission is �2.50 for adults, free for children.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Additionally to get everyone in the spirit of things the church’s choir will be in the Howard Centre on Saturday morning from 10am to 11am.