Christmas tree competition and choir singing in Welwyn Garden City
A DAZZLING array of 60 beautifully decorated Christmas trees will be up for grabs at a WGC church this weekend.
Raising funds for both St Francis of Assisi Church, where the 12th annual St Francis Christmas Tree Festival is being held, and 1st WGC Scout Group, the trees will be available for purchase in a silent auction.
A competition is being run alongside the event, which will see the fanciest fur being donated to the QE2 Hospital.
The festival is runs on both Saturday, from noon to 6pm, and Sunday, from 1pm until 6pm.
There will be a range of activities keeping the little ones, and the older ones, busy including a Santa’s grotto, a tombola, a raffle, children’s games and entertainment, as well as a selection of stalls offering homemade cakes and bargain books.
You may also want to watch:
Ample refreshments will be on offer from hot and cold foods, mulled wine, mince pies, cakes and other beverages.
Admission is �2.50 for adults, free for children.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Welwyn Garden City one step closer FA Cup dreamland with deserved victory at Bedford Town
Additionally to get everyone in the spirit of things the church’s choir will be in the Howard Centre on Saturday morning from 10am to 11am.