Christmas shopping for men all wrapped up in John Lewis Welwyn
ATTENTION husbands, fathers, grandfathers, brothers, boyfriends, uncles and any other male I might have missed.
If you are having a nightmare with your Christmas shopping, along with the millions of other unorganised men across the world who haven’t even started their yuletide present hunting yet, help is at hand.
For the gift wrapping girls at John Lewis Welwyn are pioneering a special gift service dedicated to all of us who struggle with finding prezzies for their loved ones.
All you need to do is to go armed with sizes or ages of who you are buying for, and a rough idea of what they’re interested in.
Then one of the qualified staff, who also deal with wedding gift lists, will walk and talk you round the department store, with the aim to guiding you towards purchasing the perfect items.
You may also want to watch:
And, if you spend �100 they will gift wrap everything for you for free, and you also get a complimentary coffee as part of the experience.
I was lucky enough to be one the first beneficiaries of this new service.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
And to be honest, I am surprised how much I ended up getting considering I didn’t have a clue what to get or even who to get for as I entered the shop.
Within minutes of speaking to my guide Charlotte about what I could possibly be looking for, she had already directed me to some perfect solutions and I ended up splashing out on a present – but as the majority of my family are probably reading this now I will not be revealing to any of you what I bought!
By the end of the day I ended up with quite a few gifts and many ideas, so for me it was time well spent – and overall it was really fun as well.
Section manager Jane Powell told me she hoped that everyone would be as successful as I had been. She said: “We want to relieve the pressure on men who leave everything to the last minute to make sure he gets it right.
“January for us is often spent with women bringing back unwanted items, I think the worst Christmas present we’ve gift wrapped was an ironing board; so we are doing our very best to help the men.”
The service will run all the way up to Christmas.
For more information just pop in to the department on the third floor on the WGC store.