Chris Packham reveals Welwyn Garden City garden wildlife tonight
- Credit: BBC/Windfall Films
A television programme made by the well known wildlife presenter Chris Packham in Welwyn Garden City will be screened on BBC Four tonight
The British Garden: Life and Death on your Lawn, was filmed in eight gardens in Barleycroft Road over a year, recording changes over the seasons.
According to the BBC publicity department: ”So how many different species call our gardens home?
“How well do our gardens support wildlife?
“By the end of the year, with the help of a crack team from London’s Natural History Museum and some of the country’s top naturalists, Chris will find out.
You may also want to watch:
“He’ll also discover which type of garden attracts the most wildlife.
“The results are not what you might expect... You’ll never look at your garden in quite the same way again.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Chris Packham presents hugely popular BBC Two programmes such as Springwatch and Winterwatch, but has been criticised by the grouse shooting industry for backing campaigns against it.
The 90-minute programme, featuring foxes, robins, frogs, and spiders, starts at 9pm.