Choose Well at Welwyn Hatfield pharmacies
HEALTH bosses have launched a new campaign aimed at raising awareness of the many services offered by pharmacies across Times Territory.
NHS East and North Hertfordshire – the brand name of the PCT – kicked off its Choose Well initiative at the Johns and Kelynack Pharmacy, inside Waitrose, WGC.
The campaign uses colour-coded thermometers to allow poorly residents to match their symptoms to the NHS service most suitable for their needs.
It is part of a drive to reduce the number of people who visit A&E departments unnecessarily every year.
Heather Gray, head of pharmacy and medicines management at the PCT, said: “Pharmacies like this one can do so much more than just dispense prescriptions.
You may also want to watch:
“Pharmacists are experts in medicines and extremely valued and respected in Hertfordshire.
“They provide a vital service which helps people get advice and treatment for their symptoms on their doorstep. They are also in a unique position to provide health and lifestyle advice so that people can avoid becoming ill.”
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals