Choose Well at Welwyn Hatfield pharmacies
HEALTH bosses have launched a new campaign aimed at raising awareness of the many services offered by pharmacies across Times Territory.
NHS East and North Hertfordshire – the brand name of the PCT – kicked off its Choose Well initiative at the Johns and Kelynack Pharmacy, inside Waitrose, WGC.
The campaign uses colour-coded thermometers to allow poorly residents to match their symptoms to the NHS service most suitable for their needs.
It is part of a drive to reduce the number of people who visit A&E departments unnecessarily every year.
Heather Gray, head of pharmacy and medicines management at the PCT, said: “Pharmacies like this one can do so much more than just dispense prescriptions.
You may also want to watch:
“Pharmacists are experts in medicines and extremely valued and respected in Hertfordshire.
“They provide a vital service which helps people get advice and treatment for their symptoms on their doorstep. They are also in a unique position to provide health and lifestyle advice so that people can avoid becoming ill.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College