Choose Well at Welwyn Hatfield pharmacies
HEALTH bosses have launched a new campaign aimed at raising awareness of the many services offered by pharmacies across Times Territory.
NHS East and North Hertfordshire – the brand name of the PCT – kicked off its Choose Well initiative at the Johns and Kelynack Pharmacy, inside Waitrose, WGC.
The campaign uses colour-coded thermometers to allow poorly residents to match their symptoms to the NHS service most suitable for their needs.
It is part of a drive to reduce the number of people who visit A&E departments unnecessarily every year.
Heather Gray, head of pharmacy and medicines management at the PCT, said: “Pharmacies like this one can do so much more than just dispense prescriptions.
You may also want to watch:
“Pharmacists are experts in medicines and extremely valued and respected in Hertfordshire.
“They provide a vital service which helps people get advice and treatment for their symptoms on their doorstep. They are also in a unique position to provide health and lifestyle advice so that people can avoid becoming ill.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception