Choose Well at Welwyn Hatfield pharmacies
HEALTH bosses have launched a new campaign aimed at raising awareness of the many services offered by pharmacies across Times Territory.
NHS East and North Hertfordshire – the brand name of the PCT – kicked off its Choose Well initiative at the Johns and Kelynack Pharmacy, inside Waitrose, WGC.
The campaign uses colour-coded thermometers to allow poorly residents to match their symptoms to the NHS service most suitable for their needs.
It is part of a drive to reduce the number of people who visit A&E departments unnecessarily every year.
Heather Gray, head of pharmacy and medicines management at the PCT, said: “Pharmacies like this one can do so much more than just dispense prescriptions.
You may also want to watch:
“Pharmacists are experts in medicines and extremely valued and respected in Hertfordshire.
“They provide a vital service which helps people get advice and treatment for their symptoms on their doorstep. They are also in a unique position to provide health and lifestyle advice so that people can avoid becoming ill.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog