Chimney fire in Datchworth

FLAMES ripped through a chimney in a leafy village last night (Sunday).

Firefighters rushed to a house in Bramfield Road, Datchworth, at around 8.30pm to find the chimney “well alight”.

No-one was injured and the flames were extinguished by 9pm.

A fire service spokeswoman said the cause of the blaze was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus