Children’s car seat checks in Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield
FREE safety checks on children’s car seats are on offer in WGC and Hatfield next week.
The scheme will consist of three safety sessions, the first of which will be held from 10am until 2pm on Monday in the Asda car park in Hatfield town centre.
On Tuesday it will move on to WGC with a session from 9am to noon outside Waitrose in Bridge Road and another from 1pm until 4pm in the car park of Morrisons in Black Fan Road.
Hertfordshire County Council is running the scheme in conjunction with the WGC branch of John Lewis.
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member of highways and transport, said: “Parents at recent checks were shocked to find that the child car seats they thought they had fitted correctly were in fact unsafe.
You may also want to watch:
“Seventy per cent of the 200 checked needed adjustment.”
No appointment is needed and as well as having a check carried out, parents can ask for information on child safety in the car.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 9 Nursey goes 'climate positive' by offsetting their carbon footprint
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades