Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal honoured at London Football Awards but Willow Foundation true winners
- Credit: Archant
The great and good gathered at the London Football Awards 2015 last Thursday but it was the Willow Foundation who proved to be the real winners.
The Hatfield based charity are the driving force behind the awards and thanks to the kind-hearts of those present, they managed to raise a staggering £170,000 on the night.
That figure came from a number of things including a live auction, which included items from Trevor Brooking, Harry Redknapp and John Motson, a silent auction and raffle.
Chelsea scooped three of the awards at the ceremony in Battersea, with Eden Hazard getting the London Player of the Year award.
Tottenham hotshot Harry Kane picked up the young player award while Brentford boss Mark Warburton was awarded manager of the year.
And there was a special award for Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger who received his Outstanding Contribution to a London Club trophy from Willow co-founder Bob Wilson.
Bob said: “Sixteen years ago when we founded the charity, Megs and I could never have imagined Willow being mentioned in the same breath as tonight’s award nominees.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
“It is only thanks to the wonderful support of the football community and so many of my peers, the clubs and players that we can continue to reach out to those most in need.
“Megs and I are extremely humbled by the continued support and enthusiasm.”