Chef suffers burns after explosion in pub kitchen

FEARS of a massive gas leak at a country pub have proved unfounded.

Emergency services had been called to The Bell Inn, in High Street, Codicote, at 1.15pm today (Tuesday) after reports of a gas explosion in the pub’s kitchen.

When they arrived they discovered while there had been a blast, it was an ignition of gas from an oven in the kitchen.

The pub’s chef received burns to his face, but did not require hospital treatment.

Police, ambulance and fire crews from Welwyn, WGC, and Stevenage have now left the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus